Hours of Work: 37.5 hours per week. Monday-Friday - 09:00-17:00
The Wallich is a leading homelessness and rough sleeping charity in Wales. For more information about our innovative work to support people across the country, visit The Wallich website. Find out about Wales' leading homelessness charity, The Wallich www.thewallich.com/about-us
Purpose of Role
The role is responsible for assisting in the day-to-day operation of the finance function, including running and maintaining efficient processes to ensure prompt payment of suppliers and the cost-effective procurement of goods and services across the organisation.
1. To assist with maintaining the organisations purchase ledger, including processing and ensuring authorisation of invoices and reconciling supplier statements.
2. To respond to both internal and external queries regarding accounts payable, petty cash and expenses.
3. To facilitate the requisitions process across the organisation in line with the procurement policy.
4. To analyse, accurately process and reconcile monthly pretty cash, credit card and expense returns received from projects within specified deadlines.
5. To provide support to staff in relation to requisitions and the expense management app
6. To analyse and report on specific expenditure lines for management use.
7. Support the Finance team by providing cover during periods of leave.
Provide general assistance to the Finance team such as assisting with bank postings, customer and vendor accounts maintenance and reconciliations
This role is subject to a Basic DBS disclosure.
We do not accept unsolicited agency referrals for this position and do not consider any applicants, to have been introduced to us via agency.
Follow the link below to view the full job description and person specification. Please refer to this information when completing your CV and Cover Letter; see our Application Guidance page for tips on what to include:
Closing date for this vacancy is 23rd June 2023 at 09:00am.
The Wallich reserves the right to close this vacancy early should sufficient applications be received.